So You have an Xperia flagship device of this year? Wanna, root it? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Today we are going to give you guys a quick guide to root your Xperia device whether it is Xperia Z, Zl or Tablet Z.
Requirements to root Xperia Z:
So to root the device there are some requirements such as:
- You need to install ADB drivers ( get it from here )
- Android Rooting toolkit get it from here
- Download the above files in your system.
- Close all ADB needing applications like PC Suite, PC Companion, Flashtool, etc because they all will interfere with the rooting process and might damage your device.
- Extract the toolkit files and save them in one folder and do remember the position where you have saved it like on desktop or some other place.
Steps to root Xperia Z:
NOTE: DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE JUST PROVIDING AT QUICK AND EASY GUIDE. WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ANY DAMAGE.
Now if you have read the above warning and still ready to root your device then here are the steps to root it:
- Enable USB debugging mode. By going to Settings then Developer options then Enable and Settings then Developer options and at last USB Debugging.
- Tick to check box to enable install from unknown sources. Go to Settings then Security then Unknown source
- Now connect your device and run “runme.bat” from the extracted folder of toolkit package.
- Press Enter to start the rooting process and as soon as your devices connects with the package process will begin.
- When a dialog screen flashes on your computer saying “press the button to restore the data in your phone” then select Restore data option from your device then on the completion of process you will again see a dialog box conveying message restoring completes.
- Now dial *#*#7378423#*#* from your device and select “service test” from options given then select “display” option now toolkit will start the rooting process.
- Now wait for some time when the process completes phone will automatically reboot.
- NOW YOUR DEVICE IS ROOTED
Now enjoy the powers of root and if you want to know what one can do by rooting your device then stay tuned our next How -To article will be on that only. If you guys need some more help then do ask in comments.