Forgot the unlock pattern in Android?
Security and Protection is really important these days and that’s why Android devices provide us with some great security options to keep your device and personal data safe from others who use our device without our permission. We use different screen lock methods like pattern lock, password or pin. Today I’m going to talk about only Pattern lock and how to hack the unlock pattern in Android device if you forgot it.
There could be several reasons that you may forget the lock pattern in your smartphone. Specially if you try to use the lock pattern after a long time. To help us in such a type of a problem, a XDA Developers member m.sabra has provided us a way to hack the unlock pattern of an Android device.
In this tutorial I’ll try to show you how to crack screen unlock pattern on an android device.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your device. Do it on your own risk.
- We are not responsible if anyone using this method for hacking your device.
- This method is for educational purpose only. This method may work for some devices and may not for others.
- Keep the Back Up of all your personal data to avoid any loss.
- Charge your device before you start the process.
- Your Android device should be USB Debugging enabled.
For devices running on latest Android versions, you can find the “USB Debugging” option in Settings>Developer Options.
For devices running on old Android versions, you can find the “USB Debugging” option in Settings>Applications>Development.
- It’s good if your device is rooted (you can follow this guide to root an android device). But this method can also work on devices which are not rooted.
- ADB installed Windows Computer: Install Android SDK from here. ADB will install along with it.
- USB cable of your device.
- First of all, connect your device with your Computer using USB cable.
- Now click on start and write “cmd” in the search bar. You’ll find a “cmd.exe” file. Open it, the Command Prompt window will appear.
- Now type the following commands in the Command Prompt window. Press “Enter” after every line. (Note: After you type the first line and enter it, the Command Prompt window should display “#” instead of “$”. If you’re seeing “$”, then type “su” to switch to the root user.)
update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock';
update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently';
- Now you’re device will reboot.
- Enter the following command in the Command Prompt and press enter:
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- You’re device will reboot again.
- After the complete reboot, your device will display the pattern lock screen. Enter any pattern and you’re device will be unlocked.
- Now after unlocking the device, make sure to go to security settings and change the pattern lock.
That’s it. It was easy. So from now on, you don’t have to panic when you forget the screen unlock pattern. The members of XDA Developers always bring something really needy and helpful for us to make our life a little easier.
For more information, click here. If you’re facing any problem then you can place a comment below.
Source: XDA Developers