Moving from WordPress.com to self hosted WordPress.org is not the same as moving from Blogger to WordPress. The one thing which concerns any user in moving from WordPress.com to WordPress.org is the fear of losing the huge chunk of email subscriber he/she might have earned in his/her popular WordPress.com blog. Everyone wants to retain their previous readers list but the problem is that none of the standard feed service like feedburner or feedblitz provide an option for importing the email list. The same problem occurred to me when I decided to move my computerandu.wordpress.com blog to self hosted wordpress.org at computerandyou.net. I had around 2100 email subscriber on my previous blog which I was about to lose (Thank God, I did not).
In this post I’ll describe in easy steps how to transfer all your wordpress.com email subscriber to wordpress.org. Please follow the steps:
Export the Subscribers from WordPress.com:
- Login into your wordpress.com account.
- In your dashboard, select Site Stats
- In there look for Total Followers and Shares section
- Click on the Active Followers link
- In there click on the Email Followers link
- Down on this page you will find the option: Download all as CSV
- Click on it and save the CSV file
Import the Subscribers into WordPress.org:
- To import the subscriber list we need a plugin CSV user import.
- Install this plugin and activate it.
- You will see a new ‘Import’ option under the existing ‘Users‘ menu area.
- Go in to Import option and upload the previously downloaded subscriber list in CSV format.
- You have successfully transferred all your subscriber into wordpress.org.
Now you can use any plugin like Email Users to manage the Email Newsletters. H2FZ9UXT3JQB
Hope it helps you. Questions and suggestions are always welcome. Don’t forget to subscribe