What you think about the idea of using your Android device to control your computer as Mouse, Keyboard or Joystick? Of course Great! Using an Android device to interact between different programs in your computer is not only a great way but also helpful. Your Android device can be really helpful if your computer’s mouse or keyboard is not working properly. You can control all the programs in your computer like controlling media players, playing games, browsing internet, texting etc. So in this article, we’ll let you know that how can you use your Android device as a mouse, keyboard or joystick.
To do so, we’ll be using an application from the Google Play Store “Monect Potable”. Monect is a free a app which allow the users to control their computer via WiFi or Bluetooth. It has various different features like Keyboard, Joystick, PPT mode, Text Transfer, Race Mode, and Touch Pad etc.
Steps of Using “Monect Portable” to use the Android device to Control Computer:
The Monect Portable has two phases. One is the app which you’ll need to install on your Android device and the other one is the desktop Monect Host.
Step 1: Download and Install the required files and softwares:
- First of all, search for Monect Portable in Google Play Store and install it on your device.
- Now open the link below on your computer and download the wrapped version which include the both app and the desktop host.
Hotfile Monect Portable Host
- Now unzip the downloaded file and launch the file named MonectHost.
Step 2: Connect your Android device with your computer:
- Now to connect your Monect Portable app from your Android device with your computer’s Monect host, launch the Monnect app and then you can enterthe IP address of your computer in the given blank field under the “Host IP Address”. Now tap on “Connect”.
- If above method doesn’t suits you, then you can search your computer’s host by tapping on the “Search Host” option. Then you select your host from the list and connect to it.
- You can also use the third option Bluetooth, which is of course for the Laptop users.
Now if you are connected, you’ll see a dozen of different modes to select from: Touchpad, Typewriter keys, Function keys, Numeric keypad, Text Transfer, My Computer, Race, Joystick, Shooter Mode, PowerPoint, Browse Mode and Media Mode. All of these modes will help you to control you computer properly without any problem.
You can use Touchpad mode to use your device as a mouse. Choosing this mode will show you a keypad which is quite similar to the track pad of laptops. You can also choose 3D mouse to use your device as laser mouse.
- Text Transfer: Just type the text on your device and you can copy it to any selected program on your computer with just a click.
- Browsing Mode: This mode will help you to control all kind of browsers for easy browsing.
- Media mode: This mode will let you control the media programs providing you with options like Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Volume Up, Volume Down and Mute.
- My Computer: This mode will help you to browse file in your computer.
- PowerPoint Mode: This mode will help you to edit your document files if you need to prepare an assignment or a presentation for a meeting.
So this was Monect Portable which lets you use your Android device to control your computer very easily ans accurately. Share your precious views about this app in the comments below. Don’t forget to check out “7 Unknown features of VLC media Player“.